- FNAF Yenndo Guide - March 17, 2023
- FNAF Bidybabs Guide - February 28, 2023
- FNAF Minireena Guide - February 25, 2023
Although Five Nights at Freddy’s started with a single location in the first game, it has since expanded to include multiple locations across different games. Unfortunately, not everyone can tell apart the areas (like Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza and Fredbear’s Family Diner, for instance).
Our FNAF locations guide walks you through all the locations in the FNAF video games to help you better understand the franchise and what to expect at each location.
Bottom Line Up Front
FNAF has several locations, including:
- Fredbear’s Family Diner
- Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza (multiple branches)
- FNAF 4 Bedroom
- Circus Baby’s Pizza World
- Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria
- The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience
- Halloween Hub
- The Real World
- Freddy Fazbear’s Mega Pizzaplex
Each location exists in one or more games and comes with its characters, rules, and challenges. Plus, not every site is conventional: there are digital hubs and even the real world. Again, this is a testament to the increasing creativity of the developers.
Fredbear’s Family Diner
- Games: FNAF 2, FNAF 3, FNAF 4
- Animatronics: Fredbear, Spring Bonnie
Fredbear’s Family Diner is where it all started. William Afton and Henry Emily formed the diner through their company, Fazbear Entertainment. Fredbear’s Family Diner was similar to Chuck E. Cheese’s since it offered both food and mascots to entertain kids.
The diner is also where the Bite of ’83 happened. A young boy called the Crying Child was bullied in the restaurant. His bullies, bigger kids wearing masks of the diner’s mascots, forced the boy’s head into the mouth of Fredbear.
However, Fredbear’s jaw snapped shut, and he crushed the Crying Child’s head. Shortly after this incident, Fredbear’s Family Diner closed. Because Fredbear’s Family Diner only appears in minigames, we don’t have a clear idea of its layout.
In FNAF 2, we only learn about the diner through Phone Guy. In FNAF 3, the diner is the setting for the Stage01 minigame where Spring Bonnie and Golden Freddy perform for kids. However, FNAF 4’s minigames give us the most detailed look at Fredbear’s Family Diner. Through the minigames, you play as Crying Child and experience the days leading to (and including) the fateful Bite of ’83.
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza (FNAF 1)
- Games: FNAF 1
- Animatronics: Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Freddy, The Puppet
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza is the primary establishment in FNAF 1. It is a spacious restaurant that includes the following:
- Office: where you, as the player character, are during the game
- West Hall Corner: to the left of the Office
- East Hall Corner
- Kitchen: you don’t have a visual of it in-game, but you can hear sounds if an animatronic passes through it
- Supply Closet: Bonnie is the only animatronic who passes through here
- Pirate Cove: this is the location you should look at the most because it contains the devious Foxy
- Restrooms: Chica and Freddy often pass through here as they approach the Office
- Backstage: this place has several animatronic heads
- Dining Area: Bonnie and Chica often pass through here
- Show Stage: this is the starting area of Chica, Freddy, and Bonnie
You can see these locations in-game through the cameras (except for the kitchen).
You can unlock Golden Freddy by occasionally checking Camera 2B (the West Hall Corner) and looking at the Freddy poster. If you’re lucky, the poster will change to Golden Freddy’s.
When you drop the monitor, the Golden Freddy suit will appear in the Office. To keep the game from crashing, quickly bring up the monitor again.
The restaurant is also host to a series of child murders. William Afton, the main villain in the FNAF franchise, dressed up as Spring Bonnie. He then abducted several children in a hidden room and killed them. You can learn about this through newspaper clippings in the East Hall. The kidnapped children include:
Authorities never found the children’s bodies, but their souls inhabited the animatronics that Afton put them inside.
During the end-of-night hallucinations, you are also inside Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza in FNAF 2. Here, your Point-of-View is inside Freddy’s head, and you see Bonnie and Chica. This happens for several nights until the Puppet appears, blocking your entire view.
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza (FNAF 2)
- Games: FNAF 2
- Animatronics: Golden Freddy, Mangle, Shadow Freddy, Endoskeleton, Toy Animatronics (Chica, Bonnie, and Freddy), Balloon Boy, JJ, Foxy, Chica, Bonnie, Freddy, Withered Animatronics
Fazbear Entertainment opened more than one Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza. In FNAF 2, most of the significant events took place in 1987 (several years before the events of FNAF 1).
The location includes:
- Office Hallway: this is Withered Foxy and Freddy’s preferred path
- Right Vent: Withered Chica, Mangle, and Toy Bonnie will use this vent to enter the Office
- Left Vent: this is the preferred path of Withered Bonnie, Balloon Boy, and Toy Chica to enter the Office
- Party Rooms: before the animatronics reach the vents, they often pass through these rooms
- Prize Corner: the music box is here
- Kid Cove: this location contains Mangle
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza doesn’t have many secrets. However, the location has its fair share of minigames that appear when you die.
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza is the location where the Bite of ’87 occurred. In this horrible incident, an unknown animatronic bit into someone’s head.
The victim miraculously survived, but with severe damage to their frontal lobe, it’s unlikely that they ever returned to normal. Unsurprisingly, the restaurant closed down immediately after this incident.
- Games: FNAF 4
- Animatronics: Nightmare Animatronics (Chica, Nightmare, Bonnie, Foxy, Freddy, and Fredbear), Halloween Animatronics (Nightmarionne, Nightmare Mangle, and Jack-O-Bonnie)
Unlike the earlier FNAF games, FNAF 4 doesn’t occur in a Fazbear Entertainment location. Instead, the site is a house, and the player is stuck inside the Bedroom.
The Bedroom includes:
- Right Hallway: this is Nightmare Chica’s preferred way to enter the Bedroom
- Bed: this is Nightmare Freddy’s preferred way to approach you (especially under the bed)
- Left Hallway: this is Nightmare Bonnie’s preferred path
- Closet: if Nightmare Foxy enters the Bedroom, he will hide in this spooky closet
FNAF 4’s secrets are subtle, and I struggled to find them. Finally, however, I noticed that you could occasionally see different items on the bedside table. They include a flower vase, a medicine bottle, and an IV tube.
Since the Bedroom is not a Fazbear location, it doesn’t have much lore.
Circus Baby’s Pizza World
- Games: FNAF 5: Sister Location
- Animatronics: Circus Baby, Ballora, Funtime Animatronics (Freddy, Bon-Bon, and Foxy), Ennard, Bonnet, BidyBab, Electrobab, Lolbit, Minireenas
Circus Baby’s Pizza World is a relatively large facility you can explore. The restaurant contains:
- Parts and Service Room: this is where Circus Baby and Funtime Freddy appear
- Funtime Auditorium: this is where Funtime Foxy appears
- Private Room: this is a room you can only access on Night 5 after finishing the Circus Baby minigame
- Scooping Room: this is a secret room you can only access through the game’s “Real Ending”
- Ballora Gallery: this is where Ballora appears
- Breaker Room: Funtime Freddy also appears here
- Circus Gallery: this is where Circus Baby appears
FNAF: Sister Location has a secret ending. To access it, wait until Night 3. Before you go to the Funtime Auditorium, head to the Circus Gallery Control Room. Once you get there, crawl under the desk, and Circus Baby will tell her story.
On her only night on Stage, Circus Baby lost control when she remained with just one child: William Afon’s daughter, Elizabeth. Circus Baby’s stomach opened, and she used a mechanism to grab the little girl and pull her inside.
You can experience Circus Baby’s story through the Circus Baby minigame. You can access the minigame randomly when you die during the game. However, I recommend waiting until you beat Night 5.
Click the Extras menu, and a Circus Baby sprite will appear on the screen’s bottom-left corner. Click on it to start the minigame.
After Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza closed down, serial killer William Afton founded Afton Robotics Inc. William used the company to start Circus Baby’s Pizza World, with Circus Baby as its primary mascot.
William’s daughter, Elizabeth, wanted to play with Circus Baby. However, William warned her against getting close to the animatronics. One day, though, Elizabeth was left alone with Circus Baby. The animatronic attacked Elizabeth and killed her.
Distraught, William canceled the opening of Circus Baby’s Pizza World. He gave the reason for the closure as a gas leak. But, since William couldn’t discard the remaining animatronics, he rented them out for parties.
However, the animatronics dreamed of escaping Circus Baby’s Pizza World. They pretended to malfunction so William would send them to the Scooping Room and remove their endoskeletons. The animatronics’ goal was to merge their endoskeletons into one being, Ennard.
Circus Baby, now possessed by Elizabeth Afton, deceived Michael Afton (who worked at the facility in disguise) to gain his trust. She got on Michael’s side by helping him on most nights.
When she got Michael to the Scooping Room, Circus Baby disemboweled him and stuck Ennard’s endoskeleton inside him. Ennard then escaped into Michael’s body. However, the body rejected the endoskeleton and started rotting. Soon, he vomited out Ennard, who fled into a nearby sewer.
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria
- Games: Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Simulator
- Animatronics: Scrap Baby, Molten Freddy, Scraptrap, Lefty, Springtrap
As a franchisee of Fazbear Entertainment, you manage Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria. You buy and place décor, games, and animatronics in the first segment. The next part offers a more traditional FNAF experience: you are stuck in an Office and finish assigned tasks while animatronics try to reach you.
What pumps up the tension this time is that the animatronics do not follow any set path: they can take any path to get you. The final part of your day is salvaging. Here, you must sort through old animatronics outside your door and sort them. You can fix them, but they will be additional enemies you must face.
The game has a rare post-credit screen that shows several graveyards marked with the following names: Jeremy, Susie, Fritz, and Gabriel. These are William Afton’s victims who went on to possess the animatronics that William stuffed their bodies into. In addition, you can see another gravestone in the distance though its name is not visible.
To unlock this rare screen, you must play and finish the following minigames: Security Puppet, Midnight Motorist, and Fruity Maze. You must also receive the Lorekeeper Certificate.
Henry Emily, William Afton’s former business partner, opened Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria after Fazbear Frights burned down.
However, he had an ulterior plan for launching the pizzeria: to attract the surviving possessed animatronics and have them all in a single location. Michael Afton, having somehow survived having his insides scooped out by the Scooping Machine, became the restaurant’s manager and owner.
In just the restaurant’s first week of business, several animatronics from the other Fazbear Entertainment restaurants appeared: Scrap Baby, Springtrap, Lefty, and Molten Freddy. Circus Baby repaired herself using scrap metal, turning into Scrap Baby.
Michael fixed the other animatronics, and soon, they were all in the pizzeria. However, they were trapped and couldn’t escape. Henry then revealed his ultimate goal: to use the location as the possessed animatronics’ final resting place. If the animatronics burned to ashes, their souls would finally be free.
Henry set the location on fire, and Michael had a chance to escape. However, Michael refused. He remained inside the building and burned with the animatronics (which included the souls of his sister, Elizabeth, and his twisted father, William).
Thankfully, Henry’s plan worked: the souls were finally released and found peace, except for William, who would not go to a happy afterlife after his atrocious actions.
The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience
- Games: FNAF: Help Wanted
- Animatronics: Glitchtrap, Every Animatronic from FNAF 1-3, Nightmare Balloon Boy, Plushtrap, PlushBaby, Funtime Foxy, Nightmarionne, Circus Baby, Nightmare Fredbear, Puppet, Mangle
Why did I include a VR game instead of an actual location? That’s because The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience is more than just a game you play in FNAF: Help Wanted. It is also the primary location for updated versions of earlier FNAF games. The game also has Dark Rooms, which vaguely resemble sections in other FNAF games.
Your central hub resembles Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza’s dining area. Around you are:
- Prize Counter Button: this is a button that takes you to the Prize Counter where you collect all the prizes you have unlocked
- Showtime Button: the button is out of order, but it should activate the animatronics show
- Party Machine Switch: this is a switch to your left that lets you enter the punishing Nightmare Mode
- Virtual Menu Console: you can choose a minigame to play with this console
- Go To Gallery Button: this button lets you see the animatronics’ models, though you can’t see it until you finish the Pizza Party minigame
- Token Counter: this is a monitor that lets you keep track of the Faz-Tokens you have gathered
- Replay Title Button: if you feel like rewatching the Title screen, this button does that
The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience is full of hidden tapes that reveal a significant amount of lore. However, even if you get all the recordings, you still need the tape player to play them. You can find the tape player at the Prize Counter. However, it’s alongside the Chica plush, which is beyond your reach. So instead, grab a basketball and throw it at the tape player.
Next, return to the Main Hub and activate the Party Machine. You’ll see a purple tape player on the Faz-Token counter. Just click it, and you’ll enter a secret room where you can listen to the tapes. However, the tapes are jumbled and might be confusing if you play them chronologically. I recommend playing them in this order instead: Tape 1, 4, 6, 9, 5, 7, 8, 3, 13, 10, 2, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16.
After several incidents involving murder and multiple locations being shut down, Fazbear Entertainment tried to make the most of their unfortunate situation by releasing a virtual reality game. With the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience, they hoped to regain some goodwill and cover up those incidents.
They blamed their poor reputation on a rogue developer called Scott Cawthon (this is an interesting case of the game’s real-life creator making himself part of the lore).
A nameless beta tester for the VR game (who is commonly called Tape Girl) recorded the tapes to document her experiences at the game studio Fazbear Entertainment hired to develop the game. She worked alongside another beta tester named Jeremy.
On a side note, we aren’t sure if the Jeremy Tape Girl mentioned is the same one who worked as a night security guard in FNAF 2. FNAF 2’s Jeremy disappeared, which prompted speculation that he was the victim of the Bite of ’87.
Anyway, Fazbear Entertainment gave the game developers particular objects to scan into the game. However, they took back these items in the middle of the night.
Shortly after, Jeremy began to break down and grew an obsession with the VR game. He’d found a rogue entity in the game and constantly interacted with it. This act increased Jeremy’s instability, and the developers eventually fired him.
Tape Girl replaced him, and, in the game, she found the anomaly: Glitchtrap. She soon learned that Glitchtrap was William Afton’s consciousness which had been scanned into the game from the animatronic parts—specifically, a Springtrap circuit board. Jeremy and Tape Girl tried to trap Afton in the game, but they failed.
Glitchtrap latched onto the tapes and attached itself to the player character—a security guard called Vanessa, thus allowing Glitchtrap to escape the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience through Vanessa’s mind.
- Games: The Curse of Dreadbear (FNAF: Help Wanted DLC)
- Animatronics: Grimm Foxy, Plushkins, Dreadbear, Cap’n Foxy, PlushBabies, Jack-0-Bonnie, Jack-O-Chica, Nightmare Animatronics, Balloon Boy, Withered Animatronics, Mangle
The Curse of Dreadbear is the Halloween-themed DLC for FNAF: Help Wanted. Its primary location is the virtual Halloween Hub, centered around Fallfest ’83. The Halloween Hub is similar to Help Wanted’s central hub. However, since the Halloween Hub is DLC, it is leaner. The tape player and Faz-Token counter are gone, along with most buttons. The items remaining are:
- Party Machine
- Candy Bucket: this takes you back to the Help Wanted main hub
- Virtual Menu: this lets you choose a level
Like the Main Hub, you are not free to move around in the Halloween Hub. However, animatronics don’t attack you when you’re here. Instead, the Hub grants you access to several minigames that include:
- Afraid of the Dark: Plushkin Patch: you are in a pumpkin patch and survive until morning as PlushBabies attack throughout the night.
- Afraid of the Dark: Pirate Ride: located on a ride, you must shoot color-coded targets and aim for a high score.
- Afraid of the Dark: Corn Maze: the location for this minigame is a maze of wooden fences; you must find color-coded keys and use them to unlock the matching doors while avoiding the animatronic that’s hunting you. Corn Maze is my favorite minigame because it has Slender elements and packs in bucketloads of tension; you must navigate the maze while remaining alert to the animatronic in pursuit.
- Spooky Mansion: Hallway Crawl: located in a mansion on a dark and stormy night, you must reach the end of the hallway while avoiding Nightmare Animatronics.
- Spooky Mansion: Build-a-Mangle: set at the Fazbear Entertainment Fulfilment Center, you must correctly assemble the Mangle to avoid a jump scare.
- Spooky Mansion: Trick or Treat: set outside a house on Halloween night, you must ring the doorbell and wear the mask of the animatronic who will open the door. Wear the wrong mask, and a jump scare awaits.
- Spooky Mansion: Dreadbear: this minigame will make you feel like Victor Frankenstein. You must reanimate Dreadbear’s brain
- Danger! Keep Out: set in FNAF 1’s Office, you must survive until morning against the DLC’s new animatronics
If you’d like to see the house in FNAF 4, just turn on the Party Machine. The monitor’s left side has a secret button on its left side. Push the button and look behind you.
The car on the hill has purple glowing headlights. In the distance, you can see the FNAF 4 house. Next to the house, you can see Glitchtrap (and he’s dancing).
You can also unlock a final tape in this DLC. First, get all the recordings from Help Wanted (they are 16). Next, head to Help Wanted’s Prize Counter. Finally, take the white rabbit from the Corn Maize and go with it to the Main Hub. Wear the rabbit as you hold the Glitchtrap plush, and the final tape will play.
Since Curse of Dreadbear is Halloween-themed DLC, it doesn’t have much lore to offer. The only piece of lore I found is the final tape. Through it, we learn that Glitchtrap finally took control of Vanessa, the Reluctant Follower. This is when Vanessa transforms into Vanny and becomes an antagonist.
The Real World
- Game: FNAF: Special Delivery
- Animatronics: Freddy Frostbear, 8-Bit Baby, Animatronics from FNAF 1, 2, 3, 4, Sister Location, and Security Breach
I agree; this sounds odd. However, your location in the real world (Whether it’s your home, Office, or a random building) is the setting for FNAF: Special Delivery since it’s an Augmented Reality game. So you can play Special Delivery anywhere you wish, though I highly recommend your home.
Your map has icons with question marks. When you click on them, one of three things will happen:
- You will face an animatronic
- You can collect Remnant
- You might receive an item
In a twist I found diabolical but exciting; you can also send animatronics to your neighbor or friend, provided they have the game. Of course, Special Delivery’s location might make for a different FNAF experience, but I can’t complain.
Placing secrets in an AR game isn’t the easiest, especially one as open as this. So, it’s no surprise that Special Delivery is relatively straightforward, and there aren’t any secrets for you to unlock.
As an AR game, another weakness is that FNAF: Special Delivery doesn’t have the flexibility to insert minigames full of lore. Since the location is your home, there aren’t secret rooms to unlock. However, the game includes emails that add to the franchise lore.
These tapes show us that Glitchtrap found a way out of the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience through Vanessa. However, Glitchtrap doesn’t have total control over Vanny as she tries to fight off his influence.
Freddy Fazbear’s Mega Pizzaplex
- Game: FNAF: Security Breach
- Animatronics: Glamrock Freddy, Roxanne Wolf, STAFF Bots, Glamrock Chica, Montgomery Gator, Sunman/Moonman, DJ Musicman, Wind-Up Music Man, Glamrock Endoskeletons, Blob
Freddy Fazbear’s Mega Pizzaplex is a massive location with several floors. The floors include:
- Basement 2: this level contains Parts and Service, the Endo Maze, Trash Compactor, Garage, and Sewer
- Basement 1: this level has the Conveyor Belt Room, Security Room, Kitchen, Laundry, Lockers, and Loading Dock
- Ground Floor: here, you will find the Gift Shop, Daycare, Monty Golf, Theater, and Lost and Found
- Level 1: this level has Gator Golf, Kid’s Cove, Shops, Dining, and the Main Stage
- Level 2: on this level, you will find the Racetrack and Salon
- Level 3: this level has the tough Mazercise, Security Office, East Arcade, and Prize Counter
- Level 4: this is the highest level and contains the Ice Cream Parlor, Arcade, Repair Hall, and Bonnie Bowling Lanes
You are free to explore the building while inside Glamrock Freddy’s stomach, but this depends on certain conditions. Vanny and Moon will immediately spot you if you get too close. You also must keep Freddy from running out of charge or he will malfunction and kill you.
There is a room you can only unlock using the faz-cam. It resembles a similar room in Sister Location in that it has a TV and a CD player you can use to play the CDs you find around the Pizzaplex.
The faz-cam also unlocks another secret room inside the Daycare Theater. The theatre contains a poster with four pirate animatronics. First, you must take photos of their matching cutouts around the Pizzaplex. Once you do that, a hidden room unlocks, grants you an achievement, and helps you unlock another secret ending.
After malfunctioning on stage, Glamrock Freddy finds himself in his dressing room with a young boy, Gregory, hidden inside his stomach. The night security guard, Vanessa, orders all the animatronics to find Gregory. However, thanks to Freddy’s malfunction, he hides the boy and helps him throughout the night after Gregory gets trapped in the mall.
Dawn arrives, and, depending on your actions, you can have one of six endings. Vanny partially resurrected William Afton in the canonical ending, and he’s inside Springtrap. However, this doesn’t resolve Vanny’s arc, and we’ll have to wait for the next FNAF game to find out how the story ends.
Special Mention: Book Locations
The Five Nights at Freddy’s books occur in an alternate continuity that we can still consider canon. The books have similar and fresh new locations, but I found them just as immersive as the locations in the games. So if you find some information in the books contradicts the games, don’t worry: that’s intentional.
Fredbear’s Family Diner
- Books: The Silver Eyes
- Animatronics: Freddy and Bonnie
Before he opened Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, Henry Emily opened Fredbear’s Family Diner. Located in New Harmony, Henry ran this restaurant with his associate, William Afton, when Henry’s daughter Charlie was still a child.
This diner is where William, disguised in a yellow Bonnie suit, kidnapped Charlie’s brother Sammy.
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza
- Books: The Silver Eyes, Fazbear Frights
- Animatronics: Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, and Golden Freddy
In Hurricane, Utah, Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza was host to a series of child murders in 1985. After the incident, a mall was built around the pizzeria, which was never demolished. However, the mall’s construction was abandoned halfway through because of local superstition.
When the main character Charlie and her friends snuck into the mall a decade later, they found the animatronics still intact. Only horrors awaited them in the pizzeria.
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza is also a key location in multiple Fazbear Frights stories, including:
- Into the Pit: Oswald travels in time to the restaurant in 1985
- Fetch: the abandoned pizzeria contains an animatronic dog called Fetch
- Lonely Freddy: the restaurant has Lonely Freddy dolls that follow kids around
- 1:35 AM: friends looking for a club instead find Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, with disastrous results
- Step Closer: Foxy curses a boy to lose his eye and arm
- Coming Home: Susie, who loves Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, is lured there and killed
- Hide and Seek: one of the pizzeria’s arcade machines has an animatronic that latches itself to a player
- Gumdrop Angel: the pizzeria has unusually intelligent animatronics
- The Puppet Carver: a kid remains in the pizzeria after dark to rewire a biased game
- Sea Bonnies: the pizzeria sells genetically engineered sea monkeys
- Find Player Two: a girl goes missing in the pizzeria’s hide-and-seek maze
- Felix the Shark: Dirk visits various Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza locations
- You’re the Band: a Freddy Fazbear mask makes the owner see things and think he’s in the pizzeria, even though it’s been closed for 30 years
- Books: The Twisted Ones
- Animatronics: Twisted Animatronics, Balloon Boys, Springtrap, Withered Animatronics, Charlie’s Toys
In The Twisted Ones, Springtrap (William Afton, after fusing with Spring Bonnie) lured Charlie into an abandoned, disheveled diner. Though the restaurant didn’t have a name, it had a poster of Bonnie and Freddy (which makes me think the restaurant might be a different Fredbear’s Family Diner outlet which the previous book didn’t mention).
Shortly after Charlie entered the diner, which was also full of Balloon Boys, it started to collapse. Charlie died, but she miraculously reappeared—though she was different somehow.
Circus Baby’s Pizza
- Books: The Fourth Closet, Fazbear Frights
- Animatronics: Circus Baby, Amalgamation, Springtrap
Soon after the events at the Abandoned Diner, a new restaurant opened: Circus Baby’s Pizza. The restaurant had two massive windows with grinning clowns painted on them.
Owned by William Afton, Circus Baby’s Pizza is a more prominent location than the ones he opened with Henry Emily. The diner had many things to lure kids, like arcade machines, climbing towers, ball pits, and merry-go-rounds.
Circus Baby’s Pizza also appeared in Fazbear Frights, though it looked different. Here, the pizzeria had a massive main door. Circus Baby was the restaurant’s main attraction, and the staff gave away candy and toys.
Circus Baby’s Pizza was William Afton’s base for his twisted experiments. William used it as a prison for the kids he had kidnapped.
The Pizza Playground
- Books: Fazbear Frights 9: The Puppet Carver
- Animatronics: Baron von Bear, Pigpatch
The Pizza Playground is a similar pizzeria to Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza: it has pizza and caters to kids with animatronics and arcade machines.
Question: Where Do the Five Nights at Freddy’s Games Take Place?
Answer: Five Nights at Freddy’s takes place in various locations, though most happen in Utah.
Question: Are the FNAF Locations Real?
Answer: Five Nights at Freddy’s is purely fictional, so its locations do not exist in the real world and never have. In 2016, fans bombarded Freddie’s Restaurant and Pizzeria in Long Branch, New Jersey, with calls.
However, this restaurant is unrelated to FNAF. Even the phone numbers and addresses in the games are fake, so I don’t recommend following up on them.
Question: How Many Locations are in FNAF?
Answer: Five Nights at Freddy’s takes place in several locations that include:
• Fredbear’s Family Diner
• Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza (multiple branches)
• FNAF 4 Bedroom
• Circus Baby’s Pizza World
• Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria
• The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience
• Halloween Hub
• The Real World
• Freddy Fazbear’s Mega Pizzaplex
Question: Where Did the Bite of ’87 Happen?
Answer: The Bite of ’87 happened in Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza. We still don’t know who the victim was and which animatronic bit them. However, we know they survived the bite, though it probably left them catatonic. This incident caused Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza to close.
Question: Can the Animatronics Leave their Locations?
Answer: No, the animatronics cannot just walk away from their location. Even if the animatronics are sentient, they will draw too much attention if you see them walking around the street. So when Circus Baby’s Pizza World animatronics wanted to escape, they formed an elaborate plan.
First, they had their endoskeletons scooped out in a place called the Scooping Room and merged into an entity called Ennard. An animatronic called Circus Baby lured a human (Michael Afton) into the Scooping Room and had his insides scooped out.
Ennard wore Michael’s body like a disguise and went out into the world. However, the merge was unsuccessful, and Michael’s increasingly rotting body eventually forced Ennard out.
As you can tell, Five Nights at Freddy’s is full of different locations. There are locations where you’re limited to a single room and others where you have free reign to explore. Even the books have fascinating places that make them worth reading.
I recommend playing through the games and taking time to examine all the nuances in each location. Scott Cawthon spent a lot of time detailing the areas, so I think it’s worth your time to look at them; I’m sure you’ll discover a few things you hadn’t noticed before and you can even find a new favorite FNAF game.